Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started in October 2010. I loved reading blogs and found some bloggers through twitter. Through encouragement from some of these girls, I started Keeping Up With Me.
What blog did you fall in love with first?
Definitely The Beauty Look Book for excellent photos, accurate swatches and luxury brands. I still love this blog today.
What what the first blogosphere hyped product you bought? Was it worth the hype?
I bought the Naked Palette from Beauty Bay when it was released. It was definitely worth the hype. I love it for the neutral shades and good quality formula.
What are your favorite 5 things about blogging?
- I've been able to meet some wonderful people through blogging. One person who is worthy of more than a mention is Jac from Buy Blog Sparkle. She is one of the most loyal and special people I now know. I am grateful.
- Networking. I love that I have built relationships with other bloggers through social media, great to find people that share similar interests to me.
- Receiving comments. I love to read the comments that people leave on a post. I sometimes spend a lot of time on a post, seeing people asking questions or giving their point of view makes me feel like I have accomplished something.
- Trying new products that have been recommended to me by other bloggers. It is great to be able to ask others for advice or ideas when needing a new skincare product or other beauty related item.
- I can think of much more, all of the above!
What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
I have to be honest here. I have learnt that some people will do anything for a freebie product!
Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
Yes. Previously I hadn't heard about great brands like Urban Decay or Make Up For Ever. I have been given the opportunity to find so many lesser known brands that are high quality and now some are holy grail items.
What advice would you give a beauty blogger just starting out?
Don't take it too seriously. Some people are very competitive in blogging. For example; people will whinge that others got sent PR samples but they didn't. Don't get upset if you don't get invited to events. Blog because you enjoy it, your readers will appreciate this. Also, I have found that some bloggers can be very superficial. Don't let others seem superior to you. We are talking about blogging here, it is not that serious yeah? I have encountered some that think they are "above" you. Some girls will bitch like an episode of Gossip Girl. I am keeping it real, being honest here as always. Just BE YOURSELF.
Name your top 5 brands
- Urban Decay
I invite everyone else to do this tag. Feel free to post a link in the comments to your tag post.